Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just a Note

I received my Papertrey Ink anniversary set with my last order and tried it out for this week's Color Throwdown challenge. I paired the PTI equivalent of the challenge colors--Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, and Pumpkin Pie--with kraft for this simple card.

I stamped the poppy stems in green ink, then went back and added the flowers using orange and dots at the centers using pink. The two-stepm images were very easy to line up. Once the stems and flowers were done, I misted the panel lightly with shimmer spray, which doesn't show up in the photo, but is there IRL--I promise! The trio of vellum butterflies add a delicate touch to the panel.

After edging the stamped panel with pink strips to set it off, I layered it on a kraft card base with a dotted paper strip along the top. I wrapped some green baker's twine around the card, securing it with a coordinating button. After some debate with myself about the sentiment, I ended up using the "just a note" sentiment, stamping it just underneath the bottom of the image panel to make a good all-occasion card to add to my collection.

Materials Used:
Botanical Silhouettes stamp set, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, and Raspberry Fizz inks, Kraft cardstock, Dotty Biscotti patterned paper, Simply Chartreuse button (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); vellum (The Paper Company); Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); olive baker's twine (Timeless Twine); butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips