Saturday, June 18, 2011

Teacher Thank You

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. School just ended here on Thursday, so I thought it would be appropriate to do a teacher thank you card, so I inked up my Who's That Girl Teacher’s Pet set.

I colored WTG using Copic markers. For contrast, I left the background behind her mostly white, just highlighting around the edges of the image with the palest blue markers.

In keeping with the school and teacher theme, I used a panel of script patterned paper from an October Afternoon collection behind the image. A strip of ribbon runs along the bottom edge of the patterned paper, tacked in place with a pair of staples. All of the pieces are set on a dot embossed kraft panel that’s layered on a red card base. Instead of a shaped embellishment, I stamped the sentiment on a kraft circle in red ink and dressed it up with a button tied with some baker’s twine. Wish I'd noticed that the twine was blocking part of the sentiment before I'd taken this photo . . .

Materials Used:
Who’s That Girl Teacher’s Pet stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Report Card 8 x 8 paper pad (October Afternoon); Lacey Circles die (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); aqua baker’s twine (Divine Twine); red grosgrain ribbon, button (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips