Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fishing for Father's Day

With Father's Day coming up tomorrow, I thought I should share a card or two for the occasion. Here's card number 1 (I'll save card number 2 for tomorrow!) using the Bear-ly Fishing set from Our Craft Lounge. Along with the Father's Day theme, I also used this week's CPS sketch and this week's OCL challenge to use masking.

To get the hat-wearing bear image, I stamped the hat first, covered it with a sticky note to mask it, then stamped the bear over the hat, positioning the head so the hat sat nicely on it. I colored the bear with Copic markers and cut him out. Originally, I had colored grass underneath and around the image, but I didn't like how it looked, so I went with Plan B--cutting. Worked okay! I set the image on a grass/sky panel made with an embossed blue panel with a green strip across the bottom. After attaching the image with foam tape, I added the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment along the bottom of the panel.

I used two different patterned papers for the big panels on the cardfront--a dotted orange one and a text patterned one with repeated fish-related definitions. The fish paper is as digi one, downloaded and printed on matte presentation paper, then inked with some distress ink for a more aged look. After placing the papers, I ran a strip of orange grosgrain ribbon across the cardfront, then set the image panel over that. I added the fish image, colored with Copic markers and coated with just a little shimmer spray, to the end of the fishing line with foam tape. The pair of felt clouds were a last-second addition. The blue sky panel seemed a little too open, so I filled it in with the clouds.

Check back here tomorrow morning for another Father's Day inspired creation . . .

Materials Used:
Bear-ly Fishing stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Frost Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic-E31, E34, E35, E37, E39, YR12, Yr15, YR16, YR21, YR24, YR30, YR31, Y35, RV00, R81, R83, W00, W-1, W-3); Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white matte presentation paper (HP); Lime Twist designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); flat-bottom cloud dies (My Favorite Things); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh sooooo cute! Love the embossed blue stock! Happy Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The papers, the embossing, the image. Everything! Running a bit behind and just making it through last week's CPS cards. :) Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips