Sunday, August 28, 2011

Me + You + More

With all the time I spent inside this weekend, I had plenty of time to create for the first Market Street Stamps Block Party. I have two fun designs to share using Market Street stamps.

First up is my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this eye catching, clean and simple design in Lydia's gallery.

I kept my design clean and simple while adding a few layers to the design. I used the Vintage Music background to create a music patterned rectangle, then cut an open heart out of the lower right corner using a heart shaped die.

I wanted to keep to Lydia's basic design while adding a pop of color. To do that, I cut a black panel just a bit larger than the music panel and placed a scrap of red cardstock in the lower right corner. When I used foam tape to set the music panel in place, it created a vibrant red background for the open space. I used a smaller heart shaped die to cut a smaller heart from the piece I'd cut out earlier and set that small piece in place with more foam tape. The panel was attached to a white card base. The "me + you" sentiment from the Simple Joys set is stamped just beneath the panel in red ink.

Materials Used:
Vintage Music and Simple Joys stamp sets (Market Street Stamps); Memento Lady Bug and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko); Basic Black and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); heart dies (Spellbinders); foam tape


And, in honor of yesterday's Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene, I created this tropical feeling card for the Block Party. We were lucky around my neighborhood and made it through the storm with just lots of rain and wind, but no loss of power. There's a lot of debris strewn around my neighborhood, but not much else damage. In fact, Chloe the cutie puppy and I were even able to take a walk in the afternoon sunshine today. She was so happy to find a ton of big sticks to chew on as we walked! We'll have to wait a while to find out how my family's beach house on the Delaware Bay fared, but hopefully it's okay, too.

Here's my simple, festive card using images from my two favorite summertime stamp sets. I used one of the drink images from the Tiki Time set for my focal image. It's colored with Copic markers and drizzled with a little glitter. I cut it out to place it over top of a brightly striped decorative shaped panel. The "chillaxin'" sentiment from the Chillaxin' set is stamped on a notch-edged strip that runs underneath the image. I attached a green button, threaded with aqua baker's twine, to the end of the sentiment panel. A trio of clear crystals at the bottom of the card finished things off with some extra sparkle.

Materials Used:
Tiki Time and Chillaxin' stamp sets (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Spring Moss button (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Labels 4 die (Spellbinders); baker's twine (The Twinery); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); clear crystals (Recollections); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Two adorable cards! I love your diecut work on the first one -- too cool. On the second card, your papers coordinate perfectly. Makes me wish I had a cold drink right about now! Thanks for playing with us over at the Market Street Block Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your cards! I love the red heart cut into the music layer and the second one has an awesome color combo and fab focal image :) Thanks for playing with us at the Market Street Block party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE both of your cards, LORI! The first card is SO beautiful and elegant- LOVE that pop of red! The second is just so fun- can't beat that! So glad you had time to join the Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lori! This is fabulous! In fact, I actually said that out loud when I saw it! Simple, creative and with major wow factor :) Glad you partied with us at Market Street Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I Love the design of the first one with the pop of red behind the heart....such a great idea. And that second card?? Just perfect. The thing that I like so much is your pattern paper choice.....those fun squiggly strips!! Thanks for coming by the Market Street Stamps Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori!! Your first card is so cool. I love how the background looks with the heart die cut on the front panel! And your second card is just...wow! Love it! The pattern paper, color scheme, everything just works so great together!! Thank you for joining us at the Block Party!! :) So glad to hear you guys are ok after the storm and I hope your family's home in DE is ok too!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips