Thursday, August 4, 2011

So Fab and For You

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse Stamps sketch challenge. I went pretty girly on this one, mixing the dress form image from the new You’re Lovely set with a doily and some frilly seam binding.

Those feminine elements are arranged on a die cut kraft tag that I dirtied up a little with some distress ink. The dress form has a subtle sparkle, courtesy of a little shimmer spritz. It’s hard to see in the photo, but I stamped the solid “top” image inside the form outline in a light pink ink to get just a slightly darker color on part of the image.

A piece of patterned paper with a delicate floral pattern sits at the bottom of the card. I added some machine stitching around its edges—kinda goes with the dress form idea! The tag is set on the cardfront, overlapping both the patterned and solid panels. I made a double looped bow from some pink seam binding, securing it at the center with a white button, and attached it to the top of the tag with a glue dot. The “you’re so fab” sentiment comes from the Frame It set. I inked it in gray, omitting the “by” from the word “fabby,” and stamped it on a kraft strip, then set it on the card so it extends off of the edge of the tag.

Materials Used:
You’re Lovely and Frame It stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento London Fog and Angel Pink inks, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); Frayed Burlap distress ink (Ranger); Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Stella & Rose-Hazel 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Tag Sale 1 die, twine (Papertrey Ink); pink seam binding, paper doily (Martha Stewart); white button (Michaels); foam tape


And, while I had my Waltzingmouse Stamps out, I played along with this month’s CASE challenge. I loved the look of the cameo and frame images stamped repeatedly as a background pattern, so I chose to remake a card from this post. I changed up the color scheme and orientation of the layout, but I hope you can see how the original design inspired me.

I stamped one of the small oval frame images from the Cameo Maker set on a coral cardstock panel in white pigment ink, using the smaller decorative image as a spacer in between the ovals. Once all the ovals were in place—even coming out somewhat straight!—I went back and filled them in with the girl image.

I set the panel on a lighter coral card base, then added a matching coral strip running partway down the cardfront. I added a light pink ribbon strip with a slanted end to the cardstock strip and dressed it up with a pair of pearl lines. I stamped the same oval frame on a white oval panel, this time in coral ink, and added the “for you” sentiment from the Cameo to Go set inside it. The oval is attached to the cardfront with foam tape. Love the elegant look!

Materials Used:
Cameo Maker and Cameo to Go stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Coral Necklace cardstock, Coral Necklace ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); Cameo Coral and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fresh Snow ink, Sweet Blush grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); oval die (Spellbinders); pearl lines (Recollections); foam tape

9 comments:

  1. Oh girly deliciousness everywhere, Lori! I love the the softness of your dress form card with the beautiful doily punch, and the elegant seam binding. That cameo paper looks JUST like something I would run out to buy at a store! Gorgeous WMS creations :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these cards are just fantastic. I really like the soft pink of the dress form with the lovely bow. But your cameo card is brilliant - the backing paper you've made is stunning!! And I love pearl detail too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you have put your new stamps to good use. These are both fantastic Lori! Love your sketch challenge card with that doily...so cute.

    And the background paper you created is a beautiful background for this project. Thanks for playing along with the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pearl border is lovely! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I will be caseing a case of a case because I will be re-creating you gorgeous cameo card. That patterned paper you created is so beautiful. The color with the cameos is so soft and pretty. I have saved this for future inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are oh so pretty in pink Lori! Lovin' all the WM cameos! Thanks for joining along with the WM CASE challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two stunning cards here, love all the girly goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous stamping here and I love your design.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards Lori! The dress form card is SO lovely - and I love the wonderful bg stamping on your CASE card! Wonderful colors on both!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips