Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sunny Days Ahead

At least I hope they are! We're feeling the effects of Hurricane Irene today with lots of rain and wind, so if you don't hear from me again for the next few days, it's because the power has gone out here. Our power company is notoriously unreliable during any kind of inclement weather and has a history of taking days to get things back up and running once they're out, so it's definitely a concern with the possibility of lots of wind and rain. It's been quite a week around here between Tuesday afternoon's earthquake and this weekend's hurricane! I never imagined that I'd experience both of these within one week . . .

With that in mind, the sentiment on this card is most appropriate for today. I made the card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used the a la modes I Spy image along with some scraps from a My Mind's Eye paper pad for my card. The girl is colored with Copic markers and her magnifying glass is coated with some Glossy Accents for a glass-like appearance.

After embossing a pale pink panel with a concentric circle pattern, I attached the two patterned paper strips to it, then wrapped a piece of pale pink ribbon around the panel, finishing it off with a little bow. I added the colored image panel, then slipped the small panel with the "I see . . " part of the sentiment under the dotted paper panel. The "sunny days ahead" is stamped just under the image panel to complete the sentiment. With any luck I'll be seeing some of those sunny days soon!

Materials Used:
a la modes I Spy stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon, Sunshine impression plate (Papertrey Ink); Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Modern Label punch (Stampin' Up!); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips