Saturday, August 27, 2011

I Chair-ish Our Friendship

Before the end of the month rolls around, I have one last card using House Notes II, this month’s Stamp of the Month from Clear and Simple Stamps. This one features the set’s chair as the focal image of a simple scene.

I built the scene using some patterned paper to act as a wallpaper-like background and some green kraft cardstock as a floor. I cut a piece of paper doily to make an elegant, decorative rug. After stamping the chair on a scrap of kraft cardstock, I cut it out and used foam tape to set it in the scene.

I used another patterned paper, this one with a tiny houndstooth pattern,to cover most of the cardfront. After I set the image panel in place, I added the set’s “I chair-ish our friendship” sentiment on a cardstock strip, partly overlapping the panel. A little bit of white gel pen faux stitching anchors the panel on the cardfront. I like the warm and cozy feel of this one!

Materials Used:
House Notes II stamp set, Dish All the Dirt Brown ink, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Kraft Like a Rockstar Tan and Kraft Like a Rockstar Green cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); WonderFALL 6x6 paper collection (Webster’s Pages); Valise 6x6 paper pack (Memory Box); paper doily (Wilton); white gel pen (Ranger); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips