Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spooky Stuff

The Halloween season is short, so I’m going to make sure I get as much use as I can from these new Moonlight Whispers images from Kraftin’ Kimmie before I have to put them away until next year. And, since I have Halloween papers that I put away from last year, I figured I should match the pair up for a few challenges.

This one is for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie sketch challenge. I colored the Potion Master image with Copic markers to coordinate with the patterned papers I picked. The lenses of her safety goggles are colored with a little Spica pen for a bit of sparkle.

I used a busy chevron paper for the background since I knew it would be mostly covered up with other panels, dialing down the pattern a few notches. An avocado panel runs across the card and is tied with a black satin ribbon. I cut an orange circle for the panel partly underneath the image. A slightly smaller orange circle with a broken line pattern is set on top of that. I added the sentiment on an even smaller circle and attached it to the cardfront, partly overlapping the image panel.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Potion Master stamp set (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers, Clear and Silver Spica pens (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Happy Halloween Collection Kit, Summer Days 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); black satin ribbon (Target)


This one is for this week’s Cute Card Thursday, also a sketch challenge. I rotated the sketch 180 degrees so the circle panel would frame the juggled bones above Belinda’s head nicely.

I colored the image with Copic markers and carefully cut it out. She’s set on a gold panel with the image stamped underneath. For some contrast, I used a white gel pen to color in the bones above her head.

The cardfront is covered with a piece of multicolored dotted paper from last year’s My Mind’s Eye Halloween collection. The dots are broken up with the green circle behind the image panel and a strip of orange ribbon stretched across the card. I used a spider web border punch on a strip of black cardstock, lightly sprayed the cardstock with a shimmer mist, then slipped the sparkly web underneath the bottom edge of the orange ribbon. The image panel was matted on black, then attached to the cardfront. The "you tickle my funny bone" sentiment was stamped on a scrap of orange cardstock and set at the bottom of the image panel. I definitely need more practice on coloring this image, so you'll probably be seeing it again soon.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Belinda Bones stamp set (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Happy Halloween Collection Kit (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); Spider Web border punch (Martha Stewart); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); white gel pen (Ranger)

3 comments:

  1. fabulous cards, love those halloween images!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    have a great day,
    happy crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are really cute and I love how they are made using the same colors and papers but still look so different because of the different sketches used.

    Thanks for joining us at CCT this week!

    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool modern-looking cards! There is a very fresh feel to them. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips