Monday, September 26, 2011

Under the Weather?

Here’s another card for this week’s SCS clean and simple challenge. It’s a cheery get well card using the Spring Extras set from Clear and Simple Stamps along with one of the matching Spring Simple Cuts dies.

After die cutting a pair of boots from pink paper, I paper pieced the boots with a coordinating floral patterned paper. Aren’t they cute? I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again—all of those cute rain boots I’m seeing in the stores are calling to me! With all the rain we’ve had lately, a pair of rain boots wouldn’t be a bad investment . . .

I set this cute pair on a dot embossed panel on top of an acetate “puddle.” The panel is edged along one side with a pink scalloped strip and set on a green card base. The “under the weather?” sentiment is stamped in black along the other side. I die cut a felt cloud from the same set of dies and added that to the top of the panel along with a yellow button as a sun for a whimsical touch.

Materials Used:
Spring and Spring Extras stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Trendsetter Blue and Paint the Town Pink cardstock, Spring Simple Cuts dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Pear Pizzazz cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Stella & Rose-Gertie 6 x 6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); button (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); yellow baker’s twine (The Twinery); white felt; acetate; foam tape; corner rounder

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips