Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crafty Card Group Challenge

It’s time for this month’s Group Project post from the Clear and Simple Stamps design team. All of the designers, plus some of our app designers, are playing along using the same great sketch and images from the Craft Room set, this month’s Stamp of the Month.

I made the Craft Room set’s marker image the focal point of my card. I stamped the marker at the center of my card and colored it with Copic markers. The little squiggly line is stamped in Party Teal Dawn ink to match the marker’s end caps.

I added strips of coordinating solid cardstock and a fun striped patterned paper above and below the image to set it off from the rest of the white card base, then stamped the “hey crafty girl” sentiment at the bottom in the same blue ink.

Don’t miss what the rest of the DT has created based on this sketch. Here’s where to find them:
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Duran
Laura B.
Laura O.
Laurie Willison
Tracy
Steph Zerbe
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Craft Room stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress and Party Teal Dawn inks, A Blanc Check and Simply Blue-tiful cardstock, Copic markers-W-1, W-3, T-1, B0000, BG05 (Clear and Simple Stamps); Lime Twist-Fly a Kite 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Lori!! Love the colors and layering!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fun! I love seeing that sentiment in a bold color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these Copic stamps make me so happy! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch, the patterned paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori I love this! Your coloring on that marker is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips