Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Pencil and a Dream

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I love this sweet pencil-toting girl from the Talk Nerdy to Me set and decided to make her the focal image for my card.

She’s colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on a round panel covered with grid patterned paper. I thought the grid pattern was a good match for the pencil.

I used another pattern from the same office-inspired paper collection for the large panel on the cardfront. Instead of matting it on another cardstock panel, I machine stitched around the edges after setting it on the red piece. After stretching a piece of aqua ribbon across the panel, I added the image panel, accenting it with a red button tied with baker’s twine. The set’s “a pencil and a dream can take you anywhere” sentiment is stamped on an aqua panel and attached to the bottom of the card.

Materials Used:
à la modes Talk Nerdy to Me stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Memorandum 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design); circle dies (Spellbinders); red button (Simplicity); red baker’s twine (Divine Twine); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips