Monday, October 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps October Blog Waltz

Here's my card for this month's Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz. This month's theme is gratitude/Thanksgiving and I'd been waiting (not so) patiently for my September order to arrive before tackling my project for the Waltz. In the end, even though the new stamps arrived late last week, I used an older set along with October's Sketch for You to Try (sponsored this month by WMS) for my seasonal card.

I used the largest tree from the Teeny Trees set for my focal image. I stamped a few of the leaf clusters at the ends of the branches in fall shades of rust and gold, then added a felt strip as grass along the bottom of the panel. The set's "happy Thanksgiving" sentiment is stamped directly on the felt.

Instead of using paper for the panel underneath the image, I used a piece of burlap. After stretching a piece of brown satin ribbon over the burlap and the patterned paper panel, I set the image panel on top. The panel is accented with a rust button at the bottom and a pair of layered felt clouds at the top. Simple, but with lots of texture to add interest.

Materials Used:
Teeny Trees stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Terracotta Tile ink, Simply Chartreuse felt, Terracotta Tile button (Papertrey Ink); Vivid Straw ink (Clearsnap); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Dish All the Dirt Brown ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Valise designer paper (Memory Box); brown satin ribbon (Michaels); CutUps Cloud Border die, linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); burlap; white felt; foam tape

21 comments:

  1. Ooo, Lori I ADORE your card - I love the texture - the burlap & felt - just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful! A really lovely scene, love the little leafy clusters and the burlap mat! Happy Waltzing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Lori! The teeny tree looks darling and the felt trim and clouds add a nice touch! Thanks for waltzing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Lori. I love all the felt and burlap pieces...they look fantastic with these colors and this little fall image. Love how you stamps on your felt. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the touches of felt and burlap on this Lori! what a wonderful little scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Lori and I love all the texture on your card. Great stamping directly onto the felt - I'd never have thought of doing that.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the texture with the burlap and felt. A super clean and simply design - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!
    Love that little tree...
    and all the texture with felt and burlap!
    Fabby card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute, love the little clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The burlap and felt are so wonderful in your design, Lori! And ohhhh what you do with a cloud die ;)!! I love your Teeny fall scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your use of that burlap strip was so smart! I think that adds so much texture and interest to a card. Your use of teeny trees was just the perfect set to use on this card. Very pretty Fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love everything about this card! The grass, the tree and those sweet clouds...makes you feel as though autumn is the best season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous--love the CAS design! And the burlap and felt are wonderful--great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty!! I love the texture and the simple, elegant design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! I love all the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    this looks so beautiful. I love the different textures you used. :-)
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Your little tree and those itty bitty clouds are so sweet. And the texture you've added is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your textures - perfect for a fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is sweeet, I luv the felt you used...hope you have a super duper day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  20. So Gorgeous! i am inspire from your creativity its lookin amazing i really love it...
    Plastic business cards
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips