Sunday, October 16, 2011

Birthday Bird

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. I pulled out my Little Bitty Bird set from Papertrey Ink to create my own version of this cheerful bird card.

I kept the layout pretty much the same as in the original card, but changed the color scheme to a warm color palette based on the strip of patterned paper from a Stella & Rose paper pad. I stamped the set's branch image on a white panel, then added a coordinating blue felt birdie atop the branch. The set's "happy birthday" sentiment is stamped underneath the branch in rust ink. A piece of rust ribbon is tied around the image panel, dividing the two different paper panels and coordinating with the color of the sentiment.

After layering the image panel on an piece of orange cardstock, I set it on an aqua panel embossed with a canvas pattern. The piece is set on a blue card base that matches the little felt bird.

Materials Used:
Little Bitty Bird stamp set, Dark Chocolate and Terracotta Tile inks, Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides cardstock, Little Bitty Bird die, Linen and Canvas impression plate, Ocean Tides felt, Terracotta Tile satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Mango cardstock (Gina K Designs); marker (Copic); Stella & Rose-Mabel 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); self-adhesive pearl (KaiserCraft)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips