Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Scooting By

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown!***

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I went pretty clean and simple on this one with one of the scooters from the Paper Smooches Spiffy Scooters as my focal image.

The scooter was colored in with Copic markers and cut out. I used dimensionals to set it on a simple “road” background made from a combination of gray and blue cardstock pieces. After attaching a strip of chevron patterned paper on the Ocean Tides card base, I added the image panel, slightly overlapping the patterned strip. A pair of coordinating buttons accent the edge of the patterned strip and the “scooting by to say hi” sentiment is stamped alongside the scooter panel. I waited until the very end to cover the scooter’s headlights with a little Glossy Accents for a glass-like look—and, for once, even managed not to smear the sticky stuff once it was applied!

Materials Used:
From i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Spiffy Scooters stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YR12, YR14, YR15, YR16, Y11, Y13, C-1, C-3, C-5), My Mind’s Eye Six By Six-Away We Go paper pad, Ranger Glossy Accents, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

Other: Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, and Canyon Clay cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); buttons (?); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips