Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love Ewe

Here’s a simple but super sweet card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I combined images from three different WMS sets on this little pink cutie that will be perfect for Valentine’s Day.

I used the little lamb from the Lil’ Buddies set as my focal image. To add interest to the image, I stamped it twice in gray ink on white cardstock, then embossed it with a dotted pattern. I cut out the images and used foam tape to get a dimensional look for the head and body. The mouth area is paper pieced with pale pink cardstock. I attached the image to a circle stamped with the set’s heart border image.

I made my own gingham patterned paper for the strip across the cardfront using the Gingham & Co. stamp set with a combination of pink dye and distress inks. The strip is set on a rose card base with a piece of pale pink grosgrain ribbon knotted around it. I added a heart border strip at the bottom to bring in an additional heart patterned element. For the sentiment at the bottom of the card, I combined the word “love” from one of the sentiments in the Half-Pint Heroes set with the word “ewe” from one of the sentiments in the Lil’ Buddies set. I love being able to mix and match sentiments—or pieces of sentiments—to get exactly what I want to say and with WMS’s clear stamps, it’s easy to do just that.

Materials Used:
Lil’ Buddies, Gingham & Co., and Half-Pint Heroes stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink Classic inks, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); London Fog ink (Tsukineko); Spun Sugar distress ink (Ranger); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Queen of Hearts border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Awww what a sweet Valentine, Lori! Love the lamb with the pretty pink Background. That border is so adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Sweet! Great job with the colours and stamping! Tks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shades of pink and a sweet little lamb. It's fab, love the puny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips