Monday, February 13, 2012

Paper Pieced Love

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge was to use paper piecing on your project. Paper piecing's one of my favorite techniques and I had fun making an adorable paper pieced monster for my card.

The monster's a non-scary one from the Paper Smooches Falling for You set. I stamped it on pale pink cardstock, then again on a dotted paper piece. The dotted piece was cut out and set on the pink monster, leaving its horns exposed to show the original pink. I used the same pink for the monster's eyes and tooth. A warm gray Copic marker added a little shading to the image around the arm and near the feet.

It's set on a grass strip, created with a border punch and a piece of very subtly patterned paper from the same paper pad. I added a pair of balloons above the monster, also paper pieced with a dotted pattern. To add dimension, I attached one balloon directly to the cardfront and the second overlapping it using dimensional dots. The balloon strings were drawn in with a black multiliner pen.

I ran a piece of green baker's twine across the grassy strip and secured it with a white button. I used parts of two sentiments from the Paper Smooches Smoocheroos set to get the "love you" sentiment stamped beneath the grassy strip.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Falling for You and Smoocheroos stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic marker (W-1) and multiliner pen, My Mind's Eye Dwell 6x6 paper pad, Divine Twine green apple baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); white button (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. This monster is just so cute in the dotted pink paper Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute Lori! Love your little paper pieced monster! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Lori! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this while searching for images using the PS Falling For You set and it's ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips