Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rosie Posie Birthday Wishes

***Scroll down to the post below for my CSS/Moxie Fab post--there's a prize up for grabs . . .***

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's been a few weeks since I've been able to join in this challenge, so I was glad to have a little time this afternoon so I could play along. My card's based on this pretty floral card with a hydrangea as the focal image.

I've been wanting to break out my Rosie Posie set from Papertrey Ink for a while now and I figured I could switch up the original card a bit to work with one of the set's large blooms. I stamped the image in Autumn Rose ink, then carefully cut it out, then did the same thing with the leafy stem stamped in Ripe Avocado ink. I set the pieces on a white panel, using foam tape to attach the flower part, setting it so it extended beyond the top of the panel. I tied some Autumn Rose grosgrain ribbon around the bottom of the panel, then stamped the "birthday wishes" sentiment from the Round and Round set beneath the ribbon. I set the panel on a white panel embossed with a simple decorative pattern, then layered the piece on an Autumn Rose card base.

Materials Used:
Rosie Posie and Round and Round stamp sets, Autumn Rose and Ripe Avocado inks, Autumn Rose and White cardstock, Tin Types Impression Plate, Autumn Rose grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips