Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hey There, Sunshine


I’m doing a good job this month with keeping up with the weekly Viva la Verve sketch challenges. Here’s my card for this month’s third sketch. I used one of Verve’s Plain Jane sentiments as my focal image.

The “hey there, sunshine” image is stamped in gold ink on a white panel and layered on a coordinating pinking edged circle panel. I used that gold color as the jumping off point for the color scheme for the rest of my card.

 I used three different patterned papers from an October Afternoon paper pad for the card—a gold one to cover most of the cardfront, a gray and cream striped one for the two layered small panels, and a blue dotted one underneath the striped and sentiment panels for a nice contrast. Since I had a lot of patterns going on, I used a solid gray for the notch ended strip at the left side of the card. The only extra embellishment I added was a small coordinating grosgrain ribbon tab, slipped under the left side of the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Sunshine Plain Jane stamp (Verve Stamps); Memento Cantaloupe ink (Tsukineko); So Saffron, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Farmhouse 8x8 paper pad (October Afternoon); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); Fishtail Stax Die-namics die (My Favorite Things); corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips