Monday, May 14, 2012

You Rock

This week’s clean and simple challenge on SCS was to use a panel divided into three pieces. I combined the challenge with the current Lawnscaping challenge to create a clean and simple card to make this simple, graphic design.

Instead of using a silhouette or scenic image for my panel, I used Lawn Fawn’s Chevron Backdrops set to make a panel with a graduated color scheme. The graduated colors were done by stamping the image without re-inking it between impressions—and by stamping over the stamped image again with the same color ink.  I purposely selected a somewhat dark blue ink to be sure I'd get a nice variation in color with this technique.

After stamping, I cut the panel into thirds, layered each piece on a coordinating cardstock mat, and arranged them on the cardfront. I stamped the “you rock” sentiment from the Stay Tuned set on a notch-ended turquoise cardstock strip using the same ink I used for the chevron images and attached it to the cardfront over the three patterned panels. It's accented with a single silver star brad.

Materials Used: 
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Chevron Backdrops and Stay Tuned stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Bahama Blue ink 

other: Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); star brad (Recollections)

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the generation stamping technique! Very cute card! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!! I am so glad you played along with us at Lawnscaping!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori....it's gorgeous!! Love your design and idea :) Thank you for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips