Monday, May 21, 2012

Welcome Baby

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge.  It took me a while to come up with a combination of a sentiment I could repeat, plus one more and a coordinating image, but once I did, the card came together in no time at all.

I used two sentiments from the Baby Sentiments set from Clear and Simple Stamps.  The "cute as a button" sentiment is stamped three times in CSS's Party Teal Dawn ink on a white panel.  I attached a coordinating button tied with aqua baker's twine in the open space I left between two of the sentiments.  Originally I planned to use a felt button die cut with one of the button dies found in the Build-a-Flower die set, but after trying both options out, I decided that a real button worked better. 

The set's "welcome baby" sentiment is stamped next to the button.  The words are in one line on the stamp, but with the clear stamp, it was easy to stack the words one on top of the other.  I layered the stamped panel on a teal panel to match the ink, then set it on a light blue card base to bring in a more traditional baby card color.

Materials Used:
Baby Sentiments stamp set, Party Teal Dawn ink, Party Teal Dawn, Trendsetter Blue, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Simply Blue-tiful button, Divine Twine aqua baker's twine (Clear and Simple Stamps)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips