Sunday, July 1, 2012

Birthday Cupcake

Here's my card for the current Paper Smooches Sparks inspiration challenge.  I used the yummy looking cupcakes and the photo's colors as a starting point for my simple design.

I used the cupcake image from the Yummers stamp set as my focal image.  It's colored with Copic markers.  The candle's flame is colored over with a Spica glitter pen to give it a little flame-like glow.  I used dimensional dots to attach it to a pair of layered circles.

I found a piece of paper with a small-scale pink and white gingham-like pattern to use for the panel on the cardfront.  I edged it with a strip of warm yellow ruffle edged trim before attaching it to the cardfront.  The "happy birthday" sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler set is stamped on a notch-edged panel and attached to the patterned paper panel.  I used a white gel pen to do a little faux stitching along the right edge of the strip to anchor it.  So sweet!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Paper Smooches Yummers and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copic markers (R81, R83, YR21, RY23, YR30, RV00) and Gold Spica pen; Lily Bee Handmade Tiny Tablet; Maya Road golden yellow ruffle edge trim; Ranger Inkssentials white pen; Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Barely Banana and Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle punches (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips