Monday, September 24, 2012

Let's Hang Out

When I saw this week’s SCS clean and simple challenge, I knew right away that the sketch for the challenge would be perfect to use with my growing collection of washi tapes. I mixed and matched a few different combinations before coming up with this seasonal design.

I paired two tapes—an orange striped one and a black and white chevron one on a pale gray card base. Once they were in place, I added a plastic spider button over the tape strip.  To give the spider a little definition, I added small clear crystals to the buttonholes as eyes.  A piece of shimmery silver cord stretches from the top of the spider to the top of the cardfront to "suspend" the spider. 

The "let's hang out" sentiment from the Spider Web stamp set from My Favorite Things is stamped next to the spider in black ink. A trio of clear crystals underneath the tape strip finishes the fun but not spooky Halloween design.

Materials Used:
Spider Web stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); spider button (Blumenthal Lansing); clear crystals, silver cord (Michaels); decorative tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips