Saturday, November 3, 2012

Wish Big

Here’s my scrappy style card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used the sketch to create a festive, feminine birthday card.

I built the card around a piece of confetti patterned paper—perfect for a birthday! The patterned paper is layered on a rose mat to set it off from the pale yellow panel behind it. A banner made of a trio of mini pennants stretches across the left side of the panel. To add interest, I alternated the colors of the pennant pieces and embossed them with a dot pattern. A little piece of dotted yellow paper peeks out from the bottom of the panel, wrapped with some pink grosgrain ribbon for another feminine touch.

I’d originally stamped the “wish big” sentiment from the Big Greetings set directly on the patterned paper, but it wasn’t exactly straight and didn’t stand out enough from the design, so I ended up stamping the sentiment again on a scrap of pale pink cardstock and adhering it to the card over where I’d stamped the sentiment the first time. Much better!

Materials Used:
Big Greetings stamp set, Die-namics Banner Day die (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Regal Rose, Barely Banana, and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); circle dies (Spellbinders); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); pink grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips