Friday, November 2, 2012

Birthday Candle Bunch

Here’s my card for this week’s Retro Sketches challenge. At first, this one had me stumped, but I thought back to my card for a recent CAS-ual Fridays challenge and the long, tall birthday candles I created for that card and working from that idea, came up with this candle-filled birthday card.

This time, the candles are made from strips of dotted paper from the Jillibean Soup Soup Staples 2 Collection kit. I arranged the strips on a white panel, then added a cardstock “flame,” topped with Yellow Stickles for some sparkle. I wrapped the card with some orange baker’s twine, then added the panel with the “happy birthday” from Lawn Fawn’s Happy Everything set stamped on it in orange ink on top. The sentiment is perfectly positioned to hide the mess I made adhering the twine!

And, since it's Friday, how about a little sale to start off the weekend right?  i {heart} papers is celebrating Black Friday every Friday in November with a sale each Friday-Sunday in November, with the culmination on Black Friday-Cyber Monday. This week's special is all Gourmet Rubber Stamps & Market Street Stamps are 30% off! Happy shopping!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Happy Everything stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tangelo ink, Jillibean Soup Soup Staples 2 Collection Kit, Ranger Yellow Stickles, Divine Twine orange baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

Other: Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips