Saturday, December 29, 2012

Some Avery Elle Love

I'm having fun with my new Avery Elle stamps and decided I'd play along in the first AEI♥U challenge, which is to show off your personal style.  I guess I'd say that my style's generally pretty much clean lines with some fun embellishments to add texture and interest.  I came up with two cards in my signature style.

Here's my first design.  This one uses one of my favorite color combinations--kraft and red--along with some of my go-to embellishments, too.   

I used one of the sentiments from the Lots of Love set as my focal image on the oval panel.  It's stamped in red ink on a cream panel.  I set it over a piece of text patterned paper that I inked with some distress inks to add depth and edged with a strip of fun chevron patterned washi tape.  The tape adds a fun, modern pop to the design.  I finished things off with a felt heart and a twine-tied button.

Materials Used:
Lots of Love stamp set (Avery Elle); Memento Love Letter ink (Tsukineko); Kraft cardstock, Dearest Jane patterned paper, Pure Poppy felt, Kraft button (Papertrey Ink); Soft Suede and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress inks (Ranger); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); twine (Hemptique); chevron patterned decorative tape


And, after I finished the first card, I got an idea for another one.  This one is inspired by the idea of a love note scribbled on a piece of notebook paper.

I stamped another one of the sentiments from the Lots of Love set in red ink on a piece of grid patterned paper that I punched along the top with a notebook-style border punch.  The set's trio of teeny, tiny hearts is stamped just above the sentiment  in the same red ink, kind of like they were doodled there.

I set the stamped panel on an angle on a piece of Avery Elle's Sea Glass cardstock (love this color!),then added some strips of heart patterned decorative tapes to anchor it.  A felt heart and a baker's twine tied button sit on top of the felt to add a little texture to the design.

It's a damp, snowy day around here--Chloe the cutie puppy and I got caught in the start of the snow/sleet on our walk this morning--so I'm planning on hanging out at home today.  I'm working on making a list of stamps for sale to add to a page here on my blog, so be on the lookout for that soon (okay, it's live now--see it HERE). . .

Materials Used:
Lots of Love stamp set, Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Memento Love Letter ink (Tsukineko); Seen and Noted 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); notebook border punch (Stampin' Up!); heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); white button (Michaels); red baker's twine (Divine Twine); decorative tapes

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow... two great cards! Like the kraft and red too and love the washi tape and red felt heart!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute cards!!

Avery Elle said...

Wow these are so gorgeous! I LOVE the red chevron washi tape! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
Blogging tips