Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Cup of Thanks

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I did a little adjusting of the layers on my version, but I think I included most of the big elements.  And, more importantly, I've completed all of this year's sketches!

This one uses the new a la modes You're My Cup of Tea stamp set.  I considered doing some paper piecing on the image, but in the end, decided to color it with markers.  I colored it to coordinate with the feminine floral patterned paper that I used for the panel behind the image.  I stitched a small notch-ended tab to the top of the panel with my sewing machine's zig zag stitch as an accent. 

The panels are adhered to a green gingham panel, machine stitched around the edges for a finished look. I adhered the panels to a green card base, then added the set's "a cup of thanks" sentiment to the card on a pair of layered circles.

Materials Used:
a la modes You're My Cup of Tea stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Innocent Pink and Jelly Bean Green cardstock (Gina K Designs); Vintage Marketplace 6x6 papers (Bazzill); circle punches (EK Success); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips