Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge.  My take's a super simple version of the layout with a few liberties taken on the size and placement of the trio of embellishments.

I made an anniversary card using one of the sentiments from Verve's Wishing You set as my focal image.  It's stamped in red ink on a cream panel. The stamped panel is set over a piece of patterned paper with a contrasting strip of red grosgrain ribbon.  If you look closely, you can see a teeny, tiny heart in the pattern that makes it perfect for a love-themed card.  

Once the panel was in place, I added a trio of embellishment--a wood veneer couple with a layered felt heart in between them.  The embellishments don't exactly match the scale or placement called for in the sketch, but I think it's still close enough to count!

Materials Used:
Wishing You stamp set, From the Heart die set (Verve Stamps); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko); Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Love Me 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); wood veneer people (Studio Calico); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips