Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One in a Million

Here’s my card for this month’s My Favorite Things guest designer challenge. I was happy with the design until I stamped the sentiment to finish the card . . .

I used the Pure Innocence 4 Leaf Clover set for my focal image. The girl is colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on the round panel with foam tape. I used both sides of a piece of Jillibean Soup patterned paper for the panels on the card—a fun, colorful floral for the block behind the image and a striped green for the fishtail flag strip. To break up the pattern a little, I used a panel of pale yellow cardstock for the strip across the cardfront. All of the panels are matted on green cardstock for a cohesive look. I did some machine stitching to get a nice, finished look for the design.

Then, I debated about where to add the sentiment and what to stamp. None of the sentiments in the set fit on the card, so I had to find some other options that would work with the image.  I finally settled on the “one in a million” sentiment from the old Essential Sentiments set. I stamped it in MFT’s Jelly Bean Green ink at the bottom of the yellow panel. Not thrilled about how it looks, but once I stamped it, I was stuck.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence 4 Leaf Clover and Essential Sentiments stamp sets, Jelly Bean Green ink, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Kiwi Kiss and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Homemade 6 Bean Soup-Navy Bean designer paper (Jillibean Soup); circle dies (Spellbinders); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips