Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 180-Shake It Up


It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! I used a few new goodies from Clear and Simple Stamps on this drink-themed square card.

Since the By the Glass series of stamps first was released, I’ve been asking for dies, so I was thrilled to see the dies to match all of the glass images as part of this month’s release. For this card, I used the martini glass die and coordinating stamps as my focal image. It was easy to fill in the die cut glass with the glass outline and then add the solid images for the drink and olive. I used foam tape to adhere the image to a white panel, then added the “shake it up” sentiment from the new Taglines: By the Glass stamp set to the panel on a narrow Favor Flags die cut.

I used a piece of fun striped paper to make the background for the card. The edges are machine stitched for a finished look. The stripes are broken up with a strip of solid lime green cardstock, edged with an open scallop border made with the Eyelet Border die. I folded a matching lime green die cut circle around the upper left edge of the panel. It looked a little plain to me, so I dressed it up with a pair of shiny silver brads.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on Karen’s blog. For lots of inspiration be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Sketch stampers have created for you this week. Here’s where to find them:

Dana White
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Lynn Put--taking the week off
Melissa Hubert
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
Wendy Bond, special guest stamper

Materials Used:
By the Glass and Taglines: By the Glass stamp sets, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, Golden Tiara, Dare to Be a Diva Red, and Perfect Little Black Dress inks, Golden Tiara, In the Limelight, My Style Blueprint, and A Blanc Check cardstock, By the Glass, Eyelet Border, Favor Flags, and Shapes: Circles dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Follow Your Heart " Be Amazing" Be Striped designer paper (My Mind's Eye); silver brads (Recollections); sewing machine; foam tape

10 comments:

  1. I love it when stamps get dies! this is fantastic and I love the little flag for the sentiment peeking in from the side. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card, Lori! Great take on the sketch and love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ack! Lori, I love it! I love when dies and stamps match too! Scissors and I don't get along very well :( I'm not the best at fussy cutting...haha!
    Thanks for the reminder about those images....off to check them out and maybe place an order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you read my mind. I could so use one (or two) of these after this week. LOVE the pop of the silver brads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! That martini looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect, love the martini sand the DSP you used!! Soooo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun stamp! My sis-in-law would just LOVE this card...great job on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I sure could have used one of those the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card. I could go a martini about now. TFS

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips