Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shine On

I'm a big fan of Lil' Inker Designs, so I wanted to join in on their current sunny days challenge hop.  I put together this sun-themed design using several Lil' Inker products and the current Deconstructed Sketch.  I took my inspiration for the design from the rainbow and clouds featured in the top part of the challenge graphic.

I die cut a stitched rectangle panel from light blue cardstock and used the die cut panel to build a simple scene.  The scene features a three color rainbow die cut with Lil' Inker's rainbow die.  I trimmed the ends of the bands of color so they are flush with the edges of the light blue panel.  A fluffy white felt cloud is adhered to the bottom of the panel and topped with an orange sun.  I attached a baker's twine threaded yellow button to the center of the sun to add some dimension.  The "shine on" sentiment from the Sun Sentiments set is stamped on a yellow sentiment flag and attached to the bottom of the panel so it extends out from beyond the edge of the felt cloud.

The tiny scene is adhered to a light blue dotted patterned paper panel.  I accented it with a pair of clear crystals, then set the panel on a turquoise card base.

Materials Used:
Sun Sentiments stamp set, Rainbows and Clouds, Stitched Mats-Rectangle, and Large Sunshine dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sn@p Color Vibe 1 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); white felt, yellow button (Michaels); clear crystals (Zva Creative); yellow baker's twine (The Twinery)

7 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Lori! This is so beautiful! I am so happy that you played along! Thank you so much!
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Debby said...

Oh Lori this card just makes me happy! Polka dots, sunshine and rainbows - perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun with Lil' Inker Designs :)

Mary said...

Oh my goodness - that is just too cute!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Perfect, bright and beautiful! Your colours are brilliant here Lori, and the layering superb! Thanks for playing along with our Challenge over at Lil' Inker Designs! :-)

Suzanne said...

Lori, I love the design as well as the orange sun diecut and the polka dots. SUPER cute!

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Lori!
I love your layout and the way you've placed the sun over the cloud!!! I'm going to have to CASE this!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

What a lovely scene! TFS

 
Blogging tips