Tuesday, September 10, 2013

TCP Tuesday-The Icing on my Cupcake


The theme for this month’s TCP Tuesday challenge is paper piecing. Paper piecing is one of my favorite ways to quickly add colors and patterns to a line art image.

For this card, I used one of the big eared bunny sets from last month’s release along with the current Deconstructed Sketch. I used the piece of dotted paper that covers most of the cardfront as my color inspiration for the design.

I colored the bunny and cupcake top with Copic markers, then paper pieced the cupcake wrapper. I used a piece of blue dotted paper from the same paper collection as the larger scale dotted pattern to give the wrapper a fun pattern. To add depth to the paper, I used a coordinating Copic marker to do some shading on the wrapper. The finished image is adhered to the cardfront with dimensional dots. I used Liquid Pearls to add the sprinkles on the top of the cupcake.

You can find all of the details on this month’s challenge and how you could be our next Swanky Stamper here on Alma's blog or in the TCP member company forum on SCS.  

Materials Used:
One Cupcake stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, Divine Twine pink baker’s twine (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Taken with Teal, Regal Rose, and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sunny Side 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); pink button (Michaels); Flamingo Liquid Pearls (Ranger); corner rounder; foam tape

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips