Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Color Throwdown 268-Fresh Cut Florals Thank You Two


It’s time for another Color Throwdown! Tammy is our hostess this week and she’s shared a pretty color combination with us—Melon Mambo, Really Rust, Certainly Celery, Pool Party, and Regal Rose.

Floral Thank You-Designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from WPlus9When I sat down to make my card, I realized that, with the exception of the rust, the colors were pretty similar to the colors I’d used on this card I shared on Saturday. So, I went back and used the same Fresh Cut Florals stamp set with a different layout and a few other different elements to create this card.

I die cut a bunch of flower and stem pieces from white cardstock using the Fresh Cut Florals dies, then stamped up a bunch of flowers and stems using the challenge colors. I mixed and matched just a few of them to create the floral cluster at the right side of the card. It’s nice to know that I have a bunch more waiting for me for another time! Once I settled on an arrangement, I used a combination of adhesive and dimensional dots to secure the stamped pieces to a piece of woodgrain patterned paper. I stamped the set’s “thank you” sentiment in Rose Bud pigment ink to the left of the flowers, then added a trio of enamel dots around the words. And, if you’re wondering where the rust is on my card, take a close look at the centers of the flowers . . .

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post. As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD268.

Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team and our November/December guestie, Cindy Lawrence.

** Barbara ** Broni ** Joan **
** Melody ** Tammy ** Vickie ** Wanda **
** November/December guestie Cindy Lawrence **

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals stamps and Fresh Cut Florals dies, Tsukineko Memento Luxe Rose Bud, Angel Pink, and Pistachio inks, and Memento Morocco ink, Fancy Pants Memories Captured 6x6 paper pad, Doodlebug Design Swimming Pool Sprinkles enamel dots, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

8 comments:

  1. LOVE all the pool party color on this one, Lori! The woodgrain background is perfect in this color and a great backdrop for the florals (which I also love)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Lori! This is so soft and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the woodgrain background and the fresh cut florals is a FAV!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue woodgrain background you used! Aren't those florals so much fun to arrange?! I love that set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Lori! I love how the woodgrain paper adds such a nice background, and ya' know how much I love those W+9 florals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Super gorgeousness!!
    Love the colors this week!!!
    Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!!! I've been buried.... Heellllooooooooooooo -- Anybody up there...???!!! Lol !! Take care & enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips