Monday, April 21, 2014

Hang in There

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch.  I used the navy and aqua color scheme from the inspiration photo on my card along with the sketch.

Hang in There-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I made a rainy day scene using Verve's Rain or Shine stamp set and a piece of navy dotted patterned paper.  The patterned paper was adhered to an aqua card base.  I topped it with a pair of die cut felt clouds and a stamped umbrella image.   The "hang in there" sentiment from the Always on my Mind stamp set was stamped on a white cardstock strip in navy ink.  I tucked one end of the sentiment strip underneath the umbrella's handle to ground it.  A trio of  silver sequin "raindrops" around the clouds and umbrella add a cheery sparkle to the design.

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine and Always on my Mind stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko); Aquamarine ink (Avery Elle); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lush 2 Navy Polka Dot designer paper (American Crafts); stitched cloud dies (Lil' Inker Designs); white felt (Michaels); silver sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips