Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 237-I Thank My Lucky Stars


It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  It didn't take long for the first round of kindergarten germs to hit me and I'm feeling pretty lousy, so I kept my card for this week's sketch pretty simple.

I Thank My Lucky Stars card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from WPlus9I used a sentiment from the WPlus9 Lucky Stars stamp set for the sketch's image panel.  It's stamped in kraft colored ink on a cream panel.  The text is so pretty that it really does work well as a focal image.

To go with the star themed sentiment, I picked a piece of patterned paper with a smattering of stars across it.  I adhered three narrow strips of shimmery gold cardstock diagonally across the bottom right of the panel, then added a red panel on top.  The sentiment panel is adhered to the red panel using dimensional dots.  I thought about adding some sequins or some enamel dots, but they looked lost against the pattern with all of its dots, so I skipped the extra embellishments altogether and adhered the finished panel to a kraft card base.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on Karen’s blog. For lots of inspiration be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Sketch stampers have created for you this week. Here’s where to find them:

Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Lisa Henke
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersWPlus9 Lucky Stars stamp set; Tsukineko Memento Luxe Toffee Crunch ink; Simple Stories Say Cheese 6x6 paper pad; Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); gold paper (Target)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color combo Lori and this sentiment is fabulous. I love the kraft ink too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and adorable! You're right, that text is super pretty! I hope you're up on your feet and feeling chipper soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic sentiment! Love the polka dot paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Lori! Love the colors and patterns you used with this great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that BG paper, so cute Lori and the sentiment is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! That sentiment is AWESOME and I love the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips