Sunday, September 21, 2014

I'm Thinking of You

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge.  It's this month's third sketch and the third one I've made using the Poppy Birthday set!  The card's color scheme and floral image were inspired by the sunflowers and woodgrain table seen in the inspiration photo along with the sketch.

I'm Thinking of You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve
 This time, I stamped the poppy trio on a cream tag, then colored the flowers in using yellow Copic markers.  I topped the tag with a bit of yellow baker's twine.  The colored tag was adhered to a piece of rustic looking woodgrain patterned paper over a kraft cardstock circle. 

I filled in the open space on the panel with a pair of smaller kraft circles.  The "I'm thinking of you" sentiment from the Take Note set was stamped in brown ink on a golden yellow strip and adhered over the tag.  I layered the finished panel on a yellow cardfront matching the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Poppy Birthday and Take Note stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Everyday Circus 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); Die-namics Pierced Circle Stax and Pierced Traditional Tag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); circle punches (EK Success); twine (The Twinery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips