Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 252-To the Stars and Back


It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I ordered some new goodies from Mama Elephant earlier this week and they showed up in my mailbox yesterday afternoon, so I couldn't resist trying them out for today's sketch.

To the Stars and Back card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Mama Elephant
I used the sweet girlie from the Shooting Stars set.  She was colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching die.  I used foam tape to adhere her to a simple scene made from blue dotted patterned paper and a green cardstock strip cut along the top edge with one of ME's Landscape Trio dies.  I stamped one of the set's sentiments in black ink  along the bottom of the green panel.

After matting the scene on blue cardstock and adhering it to a pale gray cardstock panel, I added a blue fishtail flag strip on top.  A gold stitched star set on the edge of the fishtail flag strip with foam tape completed the design.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on Karen’s blog. For lots of inspiration be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Sketch stampers have created for you this week. Here’s where to find them:

Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Lisa Henke
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick

Materials Used:
Shooting Star stamp set, Shooting Star and Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Steel Blue and Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Green Acres cardstock (WPlus9); gold paper (Target); Collecting Moments 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); stitched star die (Lil' Inker Designs); foam tape

13 comments:

  1. What a great card Lori! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that set from Mama Elephant and you colored her so perfectly! I love the dotted paper background as the sky too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet Lori!! Love that cute little image and sentiment! Your coloring is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! Lori, she's soooo so cute. Your card is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, so SWEET, Lori!! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I love the soft colors and what you've done with this cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori this is sweet, sweet sweet. I love the sentiment that comes with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too precious. I've never heard of Mama Elephant. I feel some shopping coming on. :) I've always loved this sentiment and it's perfect for your layout.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips