Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fly High

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I inked up one of my favorite big eared bunny stamps from The Cat's Pajamas for the card.

Fly High card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
I stamped the rocket ship flying bunny from the Soar set on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers, then carefully cut it out.  It was adhered to a yellow die cut moon debossed with a dotted pattern, using foam tape for dimension.  I layered the moon and bunny on a navy cardstock panel for a nighttime sky backdrop.  The "fly high" sentiment from the Fly High set was stamped on a red banner strip using black ink.  I set the sentiment on the panel just beneath the rocket.  It was anchored with a gold star die cut with TCP's CutUps 3x3 Stars die.  I adhered the finished panel to a red card base.

Materials Used:
Soar and Fly High stamp sets, CutUps Stars 3x3 and Framed Up 2 dies (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Night of Navy, Real Red, and Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin'  Up!); gold paper (Target); Polka Dot embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card for a little boy. I find those hard to make sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love that little rocket!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Lori. I love the 3-D look and the bright and cheerful colors that you chose. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little guy could not be cuter and I am in love with that sentiment (I know..shocker). So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips