Monday, July 20, 2015

Birthday Wishes

Here's my card for the current Viva la Verve sketch.  It's another pretty easy to mail design that has found its way into my last box of cards for Operation Write Home.

Birthday Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I used the sketch to create a masculine birthday design.  I used the Simple Stories patterned paper piece to pick the colors for the card.  The panel was adhered to a piece of olive green cardstock, then dark brown cardstock.  I used a file folder tab die to cut a strip from kraft cardstock.  After edging it with contrasting dark blue cardstock, I adhered it across the top of the panel.  It was accented with a die cut gold star.  I stamped a birthday sentiment from Verve's Making a Statement stamp set in brown ink on a kraft strip and adhered it near the bottom of the panel.  The finished panel was adhered to an easy to write on cream card base.

Stop back in a few hours to check out this week's Mojo Monday sketch . . .

Materials Used:
Making a Statement stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Factory Green cardstock, Die-namics File Folder Edges dies (My Favorite Things); Early Espresso cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); gold paper (Target); stitched star dies (Lil' Inker Designs); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Oh, love your masculine take on this sketch. That paper is so cool. Thanks for playing along with VLV, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips