Friday, October 2, 2015

I Pick You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the adorable Harvest Mouse set for my take on the layout.

I Pick You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I colored the mouse with an apple using my Copic markers, then cut out the image.  I made a backdrop for the mouse from a piece of aqua patterned paper that I topped with a long, wide strip of green cardstock punched with a grass border punch.  The set's "I pick you" sentiment was stamped on a narrow cream strip and adhered to the green panel.  I accented it with a pair of copper brads.  The cream and copper help to give the card a fall feel even without a traditional fall color scheme.  The panel was adhered to a kraft cardstock panel, then to a red card base to match the pop of red from the apple in the mouse's hand.

Materials Used:
Harvest Mouse stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red and Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Recollections Aqua Screen designer paper, copper brads (Michaels); Grass border punch (Fiskars); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card Lori! I just bought this stamp set and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips