Saturday, February 13, 2016

I Love You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  This one came together quickly with a bunch of MFT's Die-namics dies.  No stamping here!

I Love You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from My Favorite Things
I built my design on a piece of gingham patterned paper.  I die cut a pierced tag from kraft cardstock and added that to the panel, then topped it with a deep red pierced heart die cut.  To bring in another pop of color, I found a scrap of red faux suede ribbon in my ribbon scraps and knotted it, then added it to the top of the tag.  The ribbon adds a nice, rich texture to the design.

Instead of stamping a sentiment, I die cut one of the sentiment arrows from the Straight to My Heart die set from from brown cardstock.  I set the die cut piece across the heart.  The finished panel was adhered to a red card base.

Materials Used:
Die-Namics Pierced Traditional Tag STAX, Pierced Heart STAX, and Straight to My Heart dies (My Favorite Things); Cherry Cobbler and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Apple Cheddar Soup-Green Peppercorns designer paper (Jillibean Soup); red faux suede ribbon; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips