Friday, February 12, 2016

I Love You to the Stars and Back

Here's my card for this week's sketch at RetroSketches.  I stretched the sketch a bit to fit a standard A2 card instead of a square, but I think I still managed to keep the "bones" of the layout intact.

I Love You to the Stars and Back card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Mama Elephant
The focal image is the sweet girlie from Mama Elephant's Shooting Star stamp set.  she was colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching die.  I placed her on a simple scene made with blue and green cardstock to represent the sky and grass.  A bit of green twine wrapped around the panel highlights the divide between the two panels.  One of the set's love themed sentiments was stamped on the green cardstock, positioning the words creatively so they'd all fit on the panel.

I set the scene on a pink card base over a pair of pink and green patterned paper panels.  Once the scene was in place, I added a pair of green and pale pink fishtail flag strips on top, then accented them with a single die cut gold star.

Materials Used:
Shooting Star stamp set, Shooting Star dies (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Marina Mist and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Green Acres cardstock (WPlus9); Tutu Pink cardstock (Bazzill); Recollections Pink Tonal Dots designer paper (Michaels); Flower Shower Spring Matstack (DCWV); gold paper (Target); Stitched Stars dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); green twine (Hemptique); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips