Saturday, June 18, 2016

Hope Your Day Is As Cool As You Are

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I combined the sketch with one of MFT's Camp Create creative challenges and with this week's Simon Says Stamp Animal Magic challenge theme. I think a slider card featuring a penguin captures both ideas!

I Hope Your Day Is As Cool As You Are card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I used the sketch to fashion a beach-like scene from kraft cardstock topped with an aqua wave-like strip.  The slider element was cut with one of the Surf and Turf dies, then I added the ready for a swim penguin from the Penguins in Paradise stamp set.  MFT's Spin and Slide discs made it easy to put the slider piece together.  After I adhered the kraft/aqua panel to a light aqua cardstock panel, I added a sun and cloud at the top of the panel to finish the scene.  The "hope your day is as cool as you are" sentiment was stamped on a long orange fishtail flag strip and adhered to a piece of orange striped paper.  I layered the paper on to the kraft panel, adding a fun pop of color and pattern.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating aqua card base.

Materials Used:
Penguins in Paradise stamp set, Orange Zest cardstock, Die-namics Penguins in Paradise, Surf and Turf, Fishtail Flag STAX and Flat Bottom Cloud dies, Spin and Slide discs (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lush 2 Orange Stripe designer paper (My Mind's Eye); pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lori, the little penguin is adorable and I love the slider element, I need to get me some of those disks, and the slider die! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun interactive card Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips