Monday, August 15, 2016

Mojo Monday 461-Snappy Birthday

Snappy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.   Since we're heading towards the end of summer around here--though you wouldn't know it from the blistering hot weather we've been having--I thought I'd ink up a summery, ocean themed stamp set for today's card.

I made the crab from Reverse Confetti's Seaside stamp set my focal image.  The crab was stamped with red pigment ink, then cut out with the matching die.  To add interest, I dotted some gray irRESISTible Pico Embellisher on the crab's eyes.  I used foam tape to adhere the crab to a beachy backdrop made from blue cardstock with strips of torn kraft paper for sand.  This is my favorite way to create a beach scene!  The set's "snappy birthday" set was stamped next to the crab in blue pigment ink.

I used coordinating red and blue cardstock to die cut the circles for the panels behind the crab.  I arranged the circles on a piece of kraft paper with a multicolored star pattern, then added a plain kraft cardstock strip across the center of the circles.  The image panel was adhered on top. 

Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:

Materials Used:
Seaside stamp set, Seaside dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Bahama Blue and Love Letter inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft Funday 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable, Lori. Thanks for the instruction and tip on the sand.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips