Sunday, August 14, 2016

I'm Glad You're on My Team

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a sports-themed masculine design based on the layout.

I'm Glad You're on My Team card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I started off by picking out the patterned paper to use for the panel that runs the length of the card.  Once I had that selected, the rest of the card was easy to put together.  I added a coordinating cardstock panel at the top of the patterned paper, then stamped the "I'm glad you're on my team" sentiment from the Have a Ball stamp set on the panel in brown ink.  After edging the strip with a bit of brown cardstock along the right edge, I adhered it to a rust colored card base.  A tiny kraft die cut tab was tucked underneath the left edge near the top of the card.

I used the All Star dies to cut a football from a scrap of brown cardstock, then added the stitching detail using white pigment ink.  The football was adhered to the cardfront with foam tape.  I added a trio of brown enamel dots--my go-to embellishment for masculine designs--around the sentiment to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Have a Ball stamp set, Die-namics All Star and Mini Tabs Foursome dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Rich Cocoa and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Canyon Clay and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); More Mustard and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Away We Go 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); brown enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips