Saturday, December 3, 2016

Celebrate Your Special Day

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I think this one looked better in my mind than it ended up looking on paper . . .

Celebrate Your Special Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
I used the layout to create a masculine birthday card, starting out with a blue card base.  To go with my birthday theme, I die cut a circle from star patterned paper.  After matting the patterned paper on a coordinating yellow circle, I adhered it to the cardfront.  For dimension, I cut the Celebrate die from SugarPea Designs from silver cardstock and craft foam.  The pieces were layered, then set over the circle.  I stamped the "your special day" sentiment from the Celebrate All the Things stamp set on a narrow orange cardstock strip and placed it just below the die cut word.  The design looked a little plain, so I arranged a few silver sequins around the words as an accent.  I'm not sure they go well with a masculine design, but I'm going with it!

Materials Used:
Celebrate All the Things stamp set, Celebrate die (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Brocade Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Orange Fizz and Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); circle dies (Spellbinders); silver sequins; craft foam

2 comments:

  1. This is such fun, Lori. Love that adorable paper! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so pretty! I love the mix of colours you've used, especially that lovely DSP. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips