Friday, December 2, 2016

My Favorite Super Hero

Here's my card for the current challenge at Sunday Stamps (sketch).  I colored up this sweet superhero from Mama Elephant's Tiny Heroes set earlier this week for the end of the Daily Marker 30 Day coloring challenge  and she was a perfect fit for the layout!

My Favorite Super Hero card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Mama Elephant
After coloring the cutie with Copic markers, I used the coordinating die to cut her out.  I made a backdrop for the image from a piece of light blue cardstock with a "cloud" strip along the bottom that I made from a piece of shimmer white cardstock cut with one of Mama Elephant's Landscape Trio dies. After stamping the "you're my favorite super hero" sentiment near the top of the panel, I added the superhero to the bottom left with a piece of foam tape.  The panel was matted with contrasting red cardstock.  I covered a blue card base with a dotted blue panel with a silver strip down the center, then placed the image panel on top.  A few blue glitter enamel dots arranged around the image panel completed the design.

Materials Used:
Tiny Heroes stamp set, Tiny Heroes and Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red, Marina Mist, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock, Blue Pindots patterned paper (Michaels); blue glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape



4 comments:

  1. hey lori! super cute hero card..I am so glad you played along with us at
    sunday stamps!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Love the colors and your design is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is definitely a super hero with the fabulous coloring for this super adorable card!Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips