Thursday, June 29, 2017

I Think You're Quite Cool

The theme for this month's Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge is layered.  I created a summery card for the challenge that features layered stamped images, courtesy of a little masking with sticky notes.

I Think You're Quite Cool card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9th
I created a line of popsicles along the left edge of a yellow cardstock panel, using a sticky note to mask the images from the Concord &9th  Sweet & Cool set so that they look like they're overlapping. Once I finished stamping, I filled in the outline of the popsicles with the matching solid image.  To get a nice contrast against the colored cardstock, I stamped the solid image stamp several times within each outline.  The sticks were colored with a Copic marker.  I stamped the set's "I think you're quite cool" sentiment on a bright pink circle.  After matting the sentiment on an orange circle, I adhered the layered circles to the yellow panel, then trimmed the circles so the edges were flush with the panel's edge.  I matted the panel on shiny silver cardstock, then adhered it to an orange card base.  A trio of pink sequins adhered to three of the popsicles completed the design.

Materials Used:
Sweet & Cool stamp set (Concord & 9th); Memento Rose Bud, Tangelo, Dandelion, and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); marker (Copic); Raspberry Fizz and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); circle dies (Spellbinders); pink sequins (Treehouse Studio)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips