Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Challenge 88-Birthday Blooms


The Challenge is back with a new papercrafting challenge to inspire you!   This week we have some key words for you to use as a starting point for your project.

Bright Bamboo Rose Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Altenew
Here's where the words led me.  I made a square birthday card filled with bold, bright watercolored flowers.  Watercoloring is not my strength, but I gave it another try here, this time with Altenew's Bamboo Rose stamp set. The roses were stamped in black pigment ink, then heat embossed and watercolored with Zig Clean Color markers and an aqua brush.  After the watercolored panel dried, I adhered it to a turquoise blue card base.

The "happy birthday" sentiment from the Sohcahtoa set was stamped on a narrow bright pink strip.  After tying a ribbon strip from my scrap pile around the right side of the strip, I used foam tape to adhere it to the card.  The pink in the flowers and the pink of the sentiment strip match much better IRL than in my photo, I promise!   A few aqua sequins arranged around the sentiment completed the design.

Check out what the rest of the talented team at The Challenge has created based this week's keywords.  Here's where to find them:



Materials Used:
Bamboo Rose and Sohcahtoa stamp sets (Altenew); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Clean Color markers (Zig); Tempting Turquoise cardstock, black embossing powder, white taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); aqua sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card....love the soft sweet look of your beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty CAS card, Lori! I love you gorgeous flowers! XX

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips