Saturday, July 22, 2017

What's Up?

What's Up? card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout to create a sweet scene featuring the Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set.  I colored up one of the set's small giraffes using Copic markers, then cut it out with the matching dies.  Now that I look at the card, I probably should have used one of the taller ones, but when I was planning the design, I was worried the taller ones would be too big . . .  I used foam tape to adhere the colored image to a light blue card base with a strip of "grass," cut with a border punch, along the bottom.  After topping the cardfront with an angled stitched kraft panel, I added a die cut sun and a pair of shimmery white flat-bottomed clouds to the top.  The "what's up?" sentiment was stamped on the grass strip to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set, Factory Green and Orange Fizz cardstock, Die-namics Giraffing Me Crazy, Stitched Basic Edges, and Flat-Bottomed Clouds dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips