Sunday, February 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas: Off the Charts

It's time for this month's installment of Keeping Christmas with The Challenge design team!  This month I used the Off the Charts stamp set from SugarPea Designs for my card.  I think this is such a fun and creative set! 

Off the Charts card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
I made my graph by stamping the set's grid image in gray ink on a white panel, then trimming the image down to size.  For contrast, I added the graph's labeled bars separately.  Each bar was stamped in red pigment ink using my MISTI so I could double and triple stamp the image for maximum contrast, then cut out by hand.  If I were mass producing the card, I would have just stamped directly on the grid, using the MISTI to double stamp the bars. 

I matted the finished graph on gray cardstock, then adhered it on an angle to a red card base with a strip of shimmery silver paper across it.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "wishing you a holiday season that is"  on silver paper, the cut the text into phrases.  I used foam tape to arrange the phrases on the cardfront, overlapping part of the graph.  The "off the charts" was stamped at the bottom of the cardfront to complete the sentiment.

Don't miss what the rest of our team has created to inspire you to get a head start on your holiday card making!  There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing.  Here's where to find the team members:



Lori Tecler
--you're here!


Materials Used:
Off the Charts stamp set (SugarPea Designs);  Memento Luxe Love Letter and Memento Tuxedo Black and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); foam tape

9 comments:

  1. Great card using the Off the Charts set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! You used one of my favorite sets! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that set before--very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card, that set is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Lori! A really unique and trendy Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card...love your festive style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, Lori! I love this theme for a Christmas/holiday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so innovative and I would never have dreamed of it. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips